I tried another great recipe for asparagus and I just couldn’t resist passing it on. Don’t forget you can freeze and then defrost the tofu called for in this dish. It will change the texture to a more firm and chewy texture. Unfrozen, the tofu may be a little too soft – especially for those of you who are new to tofu. Be sure to firmly press the tofu between your two hands to remove the excess water.
- 1 medium onion cut in half and sliced medium thick
- 4 medium cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tablespoon vegetable broth
- 2 Tablespoons minced fresh ginger
- 3 cups asparagus cut in 2 inch lengths
- 1 medium red bell pepper, sliced thin
- 4 oz extra firm tofu, cut in ½ inch cubes
- 1 Tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 Tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame seeds
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat broth in a wok or 10-12 inch stainless steel skillet. Stir fry onion in broth over medium high heat for about 2-3 minutes stirring constantly.
- Add garlic, ginger, asparagus, peppers and continue to stir fry for another 2-3 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add tofu, soy sauce and vinegar, turn heat to low and cover for about 2 minutes, or until vegetables are tender, yet still crisp.
- Season with salt and pepper and sprinkle with sesame seeds.