If you love spaghetti but are tired of marinara sauce, try this recipe. Feel free to add or substitute whatever veggies you have on hand – it’s very forgiving.
- 8 oz. angel hair pasta (I use whole grain)
- 8 oz. crimini mushrooms, sliced
- 1 1/2 cups snow peas
- 2 medium carrots, cut into matchsticks
- 6 green onions, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 3-4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce (or more to taste)
- Optional: 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper, sesame seeds for topping
- Cook pasta according to package directions and drain.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet over med-high heat, water sauté mushrooms for 2-3 minutes.
- Add snow peas, carrots, green onion and cook for 5-7 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Add garlic, stir, and heat for 1 minute.
- Add pasta and soy sauce. Toss well to combine and heat for a few minutes until heated through. Serve warm or chilled.
Add Soy Curls if you’d like a meaty texture.