A delicious, filling and nutient-filled asparagus soup recipe.
- 2 1/2 cups vegetable broth or “chicken-style” broth
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, chopped
- 1 potato, thinly sliced
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 3 ribs celery, chopped
- 2 tbsp flour
- 2 cups soy milk
- 1/4 tsp dried tarragon
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a large saucepan, bring the broth to a boil. Add the asparagus, potato, onion and celery and reduce heat to medium low.
- Allow to cook for 25-30 minutes.
- Pour the soup into a blender or food processor and blend until almost smooth. Return soup to saucepan and add remaining ingredients.
- Allow to simmer until thick, approximately another 8-10 minutes