We love eggplant and this is an easy way to prepare eggplant as a side dish or the main course.
- 1 medium eggplant
- no fat ranch dressing
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper
- 1/2 cup Italian Seasoned breadcrumbs
- 2 tbsp Parmesan cheese
- oil spray
- 1 cup marinara sauce for dipping
- Preheat the oven to 450°. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper and lightly spray with oil.
- Cut ends off the eggplant. Slice eggplant in half, then into 1/4 inch thick slices. Lay each slice on the cutting board and cut into 1/4 inch strips. Be sure to cut all the strips the same size so they cook evenly.
- Place eggplant strips in a bowl and season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Combine breadcrumbs and parmesan cheese in a bowl, and ranch dressing in another.
Dip a few strips of eggplant at a time into the ranch dressing, then into the breadcrumbs. Using a fork, remove eggplant from crumbs and place on the baking sheets. Spray with more oil and bake 10 minutes in the middle rack.
- Turn over and bake an additional 5 minutes, or until golden. Serve hot with dipping sauce.