Our children especially love these muffins. We start with the basic muffin and then add any tasty ingredient everyone can agree on. Sometimes, it’s blueberries, sometimes chopped pecans or walnuts, and on special occasions, chocolate chips. We also have a wide variety of specialty shaped, silicone muffin bake ware. Serving these in a shape peculiar to the season makes these simple muffins seem elegant and special.
- 1 egg or Egg Replacer equivalent to 1 egg (available at most grocery stores)
- 1/2 C soy, almond or rice milk
- 1/4 C applesauce
- 1 – 1/2 C whole wheat flour
- 1/2 C sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 T ground flax seeds (optional)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 C ingredients of your choice (blueberries, chopped nuts, chips)
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- Place egg or egg replacer in mixing bowl and mix until foamy.
- Add milk and applesauce. Blend at low speed until well mixed.
- Add dry ingredients and blend until smooth.
- Add optional ingredients and stir until smooth.
- Spoon into 12 greased muffin pans.
- Bake at 400° F for approximately 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Remove immediately and serve.