A healthier version of an old-time favorite
- 5 C bread cubes – we use leftover whole wheat bread
- 2 ¼ C soymilk or almond milk
- ½ C brown sugar
- 2 T maple syrup
- 1 tspn vanilla
- ¼ C raisins (Or more – my husband loves it loaded with raisins)
- Ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, whish together soymilk, sugar, maple syrup and vanilla. Add the bread cubes and let sit for about 10 minutes or until the bread is soft and has absorbed most of the milk. Add the raisins and a few sprinkles of cinnamon and gently mix together. (If you over mix it, you will have a ball of glutinous mess instead of bread pudding.)
- Place in a greased baking dish. Lightly sprinkle cinnamon over the top.
- Bake for approximately 30 to 45 minutes or until puffed and golden and milk has been absorbed.