My kids have always loved potatoes in just about any way I prepare them. However, this seems to be their new favorite. The reason: the outsides are crispy and the inside melts like butter. Simple to make and always a treat!
- About 1 to 1 1/2 lbs creamer potatoes, either red or white skinned, rinsed, cut in half
- 2T olive or coconut oil
- 2-3 cloves fresh garlic, minced (or garlic powder)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425°F
- Toss potatoes with oil enough to coat
- Sprinkle with salt, pepper and garlic and toss again to distribute spices
- Place potatoes in 13x9x2 baking dish or roasting pan
- Bake in oven for approximately 35-40 minutes until tender and golden brown
- Transfer to serving bowl and serve immediately.
The reason I cut the potatoes in half is to crisp the freshly cut edges. They also work when left whole. You can also use full-sized potatoes, cut into wedges.
This recipe is very versatile. Feel free to experiment with various spices, including, rosemary, parsley, basil, oregano, thyme, onion powder, etc. These potatoes pair well with asparagus and green beans.