to Our FREE Newsletter
also works great with snow peas instead of asparagus... or whatever else you
have in your refrigerator!
- ½ cup water
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 carrots, diced
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup broccoli florets, chopped
- 6 green onions, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 pound asparagus spears, cut into 1 ½
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 cup soy milk blended with 1 tablespoon Wondra flour
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 8 ounces, uncooked, of whole grain pasta noodles
fettuccine or linguini or spaghetti
- Place a large pot of water on to boil before starting
cook the vegetables.
- Place the ½ cup of water into a large
sauté pan. Add
the garlic and cook for one minute.
Add the soy sauce, scallions and carrots to
the sauté pan. Cover
and let simmer for
approximately 5 minutes.
- Add the pasta into the boiling water and allow to
according to the directions on the box..
- Add the mushrooms, broccoli, asparagus and bell
stir to combine well. Cover
simmer for another 5 minutes. Add
salt and pepper to taste and the soy milk mixture.
Continue to simmer until the milk is heated
through and starting to thicken.
- Drain the pasta and serve the vegetables on the pasta.