I was very pleasantly surprised with this dish. Add a little tartar sauce or cocktail sauce
and you’ve got a great anchor for your plate.
- 4 cups cooked garbanzo beans (if canned, rinse and drain)
- 1 1 /2 C finely chopped celery
- ½ C finely chopped red onion
- ½ tspn garlic powder
- ½ to ¾ C Mayo (of your choice – we love veganaise)
- 1 tspn celery salt
- 2 T McKay’s Chicken-style seasoning, vegan
- Place the beans in a food processor and pulse a few times until they are chopped but not mushy.
- Combine processed beans and remaining ingredients in a bowl. Stir well. (Chill and serve for Chunky Chickpea Spread)
- 3 C of Chunky Chickpea Spread (recipe above)
- 1/2 C whole wheat flour
- 2 tspn McKay’s Chicken-style seasoning, vegan
- Cooking spray
- Mix the chickpea spread, flour and chicken-style seasoning.
- Combine well and form into 8 patties.
- Place in skillet sprayed with cooking spray.
- Cook until crisp, flip and repeat.
- Serve with tartar sauce.