- 1/2 cup sesame seeds
- 2 T low-sodium tamari
- 2 T tomato paste
- 1 1/2 T toasted sesame oil
- 1 1/2 T hoisin sauce
- 1 T sugar or natural sweetener
- 1 T rice wine vinegar
- 2 T safflower or canola oil
- 1 pound Soy Curls
- 2 cups broccoli florets, blanched
- 2 scallions, minced
- Rehydrate Soy Curls with boiling water.
- Toast the sesame seeds in a medium skillet over medium heat, stirring frequently for 5 minutes.
- Grind all but 1 tablespoon of the sesame seeds in a food processor, using short pulses.
- Place ground seeds in a bowl, add the tamari, tomato paste, sesame oil, hoisin sauce, sugar and rice wine vinegar, plus the reserved tablespoon of sesame seeds.
- Combine well.
- Heat oil in a large skillet, add Soy Curls, and stir-fry until browned, about 5 minutes.
- Add broccoli and scallions and stir-fry another minute.
- Add sauce, turning to coat Soy Curls and broccoli.