- 1 cup all-purpose or whole-wheat flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 3/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup Earth Balance, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- egg replacer, equivalent to 1 egg
- 1/2 tbsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups sliced and peeled apples
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and grease an 8″ round cake pan.
- Stir together flour, baking soda, ground cinnamon, ground nutmeg and salt. Set aside.
- In the bowl of your electric mixer, beat butter and sugar until well combined. Add egg and continue to beat. Slowly mix in dry ingredient mix, followed by vanilla. Finally, stir in apple slices.
- Pour into greased cake pan and level gently. Place in the oven and cook for 20-30 minutes, until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Remove cake from pan and cool on a rack