Once upon a time, we owned our own produce market and I would make fresh salsa for sale. Along with my hummus and guacamole, it was a very popular item and a batch would only last a day or two. One day, a gentleman came in especially to buy some salsa. He was going on vacation in his motor home and would not leave our shop until I had made him enough for his trip!
Watch the video here.
- 1 can diced tomatoes, drained, or 2-3 ripe tomatoes
- ¼ medium onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Juice from 1 lime
- ¼ bunch of cilantro
- 1 jalapeno pepper, or to taste
- Salt, sugar and hot sauce to taste
- Place cilantro, onion, garlic, lime juice and jalapeno pepper in food processor. (Be sure to put the cilantro under the onion to “weigh it down” while processing.)
- Pulse in the food processor until minced well.
- Add the diced tomatoes and pulse briefly until diced.
- Taste and add seasonings as needed. (I try to make all of the taste buds on my tongue “fire”)